Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Welcome!

Well, Hello!
I see you found me! My name's Mary Anne and by day I'm a scrub-wearing, chart-toting, shot-giving, brow-wiping Registered Nurse at one of Michigan's Finest Teaching Hospitals. By night, I'm a apron-wearing, recipe-testing, cake-making, frosting-decorating, home-based-bakery owner-operator under Michigan's Cottage Farm Bill.  

I've had my home-based bakery for about two years now and  it's been going very well, thankyouverymuch! However, I recently relocated with my family from the U.P. down to the metro Detroit area and since I'm trying to kickstart my business down here, I thought I'd blog about it to see if that helps build my customer base and some traffic.

I specialize in cupcakes and specialty cakes but I also make truffles and candies as well.  At times, I'll blog about things I make for my family, because that's how this all started out, back in the day. How did we get our name? For years we've called our youngest two daughters "Ladybugs", which was a nickname given to them by Bernadette Castro, a 7th and 8th grade aide at St. Michael's School in San Diego. The name stuck as a way to remember "Miss Bernie" and our time living in "America's Finest City".  The products we sell are those same treats requested by our children again and again, so we started selling them to friends and acquaintances.  

Sometimes I'll blog about organizing and decorating my new house (which, is a challenge for me... if only there were Garanimals for decorating! LOL! I'm not the most savvy decorator so I use Pinterest as a jump-off point for inspiration.) Luckily, I have some very talented friends that I may invite to guest blog on the topic. Or I'll blog about what's for dinner - because life isn't *always* about dessert - but it should always make time to include it.

You can follow me on Facebook and Pinterest, too. I have a tongue-in-cheek sense of humor (you have to if you're a nurse!) and I'm sometimes a bit saucy ;-) That being said, if this isn't your cup of tea, skip on by.  If it is - sit back, relax, and DO try this at home!

Mary Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment